Many different types of blenders come in all shapes and sizes. However, even though blenders all technically do the same thing, there are major differences between each kind that you should consider before deciding which one to buy.
Some blenders are better suited for making certain types of food than others, and some blenders are built more sturdily than others. Blenders are some of the most versatile tools in the kitchen and can be used to make everything from smoothies to soup to milkshakes and even dough!
Let’s take a look at the three most common types of blenders available and their pros and cons so you can decide which one works best for you!
Different Types of Blenders
Blenders are classified into these three types:
While the size, shape, and functionality of blenders vary greatly, here, we will discuss them with their pros and cons. This information will give you a rough idea about these common types of blenders.
These countertop blenders are ideal for most kitchen spaces and are versatile in their functions. Countertop blenders’ best feature is their power; many models have a very high-horsepower motor, which means you can make anything from small quantities of smoothies to big batches of soup in one fell swoop.
If you’re interested in a countertop blender, look for a model with variable speeds and multiple settings for items like frozen fruits and smoothies. These are some best affordable blender options that we have tested for you.
Countertop blenders are an excellent choice for preparing beverages for a big group, as their containers are typically 64 ounces or more in size. These blender machines can crush ice, make frozen desserts, and handle vegetable smoothies.
- These are very versatile appliances and can blend almost anything you put in them.
- With numerous speed settings and a pulse option, most blenders are quick to use and guarantee all contents are mixed.
- The earlier models are hard to clean, but the newer ones are easy.
- They’re powerful enough to crush ice and make frozen drinks, soups, smoothies, shakes, and much more.
- Countertop blenders are generally quite durable; they are made of stainless steel and BPA-free plastic.
- Countertop blenders are of great value if you need something that will last and perform well over many years.
- As a result of their high power and great blending ability, these blenders are rather big.
- Usually, you need more space to store them.
- Another main point is their noise. They are loud.
Hand Blenders or Immersion Blenders
Another name for these blenders is stick blenders, which look like a stick and come with a comfortable grip on one side and a cutting blade enclosed in a protective shield. This blender is tiny and portable, making it ideal for individuals with tight spaces.
Handheld blenders are lightweight and easy to clean. Their small size allows you to blend them directly in your bowl, cup, or glass, making them ideal for shakes and smoothies. Since there’s no defined capacity, you may blend as little or as much as you like all at once.
As their motor power is low, they are still powerful enough to cut through ice and frozen fruits easily, but they can’t handle heavier ingredients such as nuts.
- The majority of these blenders come packaged with cords that differ in length. But some brands are making cordless models also.
- They are easy to handle, lightweight, and have a strong handle grip.
- It may be used in any spot in your kitchen.
- Certain versions include variable speeds, allowing you to ramp up the intensity of your workout easily.
- With its wide range of speeds, you can combine even the hardest components into a smooth paste.
- These machines come with various attachments, such as an on-the-go cup, a pitcher, and many more.
- Generally speaking, hand blenders come with 8-inch blender arms. However, some versions have 12-inch arms.
- In most cases, you need to pay extra for other attachments; they don’t come with the blender.
- Motor power is average.
- Not too versatile like its competitor.
Single-Serve Blenders or Personal Blenders
Single-serve and personal blenders are their common names, and this is because they are very compact, easy to control, and yet powerful. Personal blenders are perfect for travelers, college students, anyone on a diet, or anyone who wants to avoid temptation by not having food in their kitchen when they aren’t home.
These blenders include a container, blade, lid, and base. They operate in a very distinctive manner. First, put all your items into the given container, attach the blade onto the lid, flip the whole thing over, and last, place the complete assembly on the base.
Personal Blenders are Best for
These blenders are perfect for single people or couples, but they are not exactly good at making big batches. They also require you to make smoothies one at a time, which can be inconvenient for busy professionals on the go.
If you have time to make smoothies in addition to your morning commute, then invest in a single-serve blender. But if you live a super-busy lifestyle, I advise purchasing a bigger, more powerful version.
- Single-serve blenders have a substantial advantage in terms of speed.
- They are extremely efficient in transforming bulky substances into liquids.
- They’re perfect for quick meals such as smoothies but can also be used for other tasks such as making sauces, soups, and even hot drinks.
- Due to their size, single-serve blenders are extremely easy to store – you’ll probably find them in a cabinet or cupboard rather than on your countertop.
- Most single-serve blenders come with a travel lid so they can easily be taken along when traveling.
- It’s also worth noting that most single-serve blenders are cordless, meaning they can be taken just about anywhere without worrying about finding an outlet.
- They are not included in versatile types of blenders; they are best for making smoothies.
- Leaking is another prevalent issue with single-serve blenders.
- Build quality is not up to the mark. Less durable when compared with other variants.
Things to Know Before Buying a Blender
Before you go out and buy a blender, there are some things you should know. These blenders are available in many shapes, sizes, power ratings, and price points. Even though it might seem obvious, you should first determine what kinds of things you’ll be blending and how often you’ll do it.
Below, we have explained the most important points to keep in mind one by one.
If you’re looking for a blender to help you make fresh smoothies or green juice, plenty of high-performance options out there can create delicious drinks fast. These blenders use powerful motors to puree ingredients quickly and often come with additional features like timers or preset speeds.
If speed is your primary concern, it’s important to pick up a well-built blender—especially if you plan on making smoothies regularly. If you are a single person or a couple and traveling is your passion, you should buy an affordable single-serve blender.
Always choose a blender according to your lifestyle. It will save you money and time.
Price of Different Types of Blenders
A blender that costs too much money is not necessarily a good one. The type of blender you choose should be based on its features and how much it costs. A cheap blender can have just as many features as an expensive one, sometimes even more. With careful planning, you can purchase a high-quality product at a reasonable price.
Check out some juicer blender combo options.
Warranty of Types of Blenders
Most blenders have a warranty that lasts for a certain period, usually between 1 and 3 years. When you purchase a blender, check if there’s a warranty or guarantee that comes with it, so you can get it fixed in case something goes wrong.
If you are purchasing a used blender owned by someone else before you, verify if there is any warranty left on it from them.
Whether you’re in the market for a new blender or want to understand the hype better, this blog was made for you! In addition to detailing the different types of blenders, this blog also lists some things to keep in mind before making your purchase.
This blog has everything from choosing the best type for your needs to knowing which blender is right for you! We appreciate your reading and trust that this information will help you choose the right blender for your requirements.